Almost unbelievably, this is my fourth year of keeping track here of the books I read during the year. I enjoy looking back at what I have accomplished, or to remind myself .. yes, I did read that one .. but also, I hope you may find a title here that interests you.
A few I started reading the year before but finished in the current year. I can still say it will continue to be an assorted compilation as I like to vary my reading to include exploring children’s books, some of which I read to/with my grandson.
Any book I have marked *(ARC)* is an Advanced Reading Copy I was given for my free and honest review.
If anything on my reading list is of interest to you, or you are encouraged to read more, too, do let me know! NOTE: if there are any you’d like to purchase please go to my page BUY THE BOOK! to see if it is listed there. If you have suggestions of what may look good in my reading stash I’d love to hear about it. Happy Reading!
“BE AWESOME! BE A BOOK NUT!” – Dr. Seuss
- Dragon’s Soup – by Michael Yu
- Give Us This Day: Daily Hope For Caregivers – by Martha Evans Sparks
- Meet Franklin Bean – by Emmy Swain (reviewed November 6’14)
- Maggie Mouse Can’t Sleep – by Haley Moonspur
- Mom, Dad, can we get a dog? – by Melania Lavezzi
- Dracula – by Bram Stoker (reviewed January 21’14)
- The Donkey and The King – by Lorilyn Roberts
- Willie Mouse Finds a House – by Kristi Benton
- Why? Because I Love You! (A Little Pup Book) – by Mary Lee
- Battle With the Bugs (Human Body Detectives) – by Dr. Heather Manley
- The Warrior – by Joyce Swann
- A Christmas Feral – by Mary Matthews
- Elephant Summer – by Douglas Jackson Channell (reviewed February 9’13)
- I Love Cats (A Wonderful Children’s Picture Book With Over 70 Pictures of Funny CATS) – by Anna Blake
- 41 Energy Drink Recipes For When Your Get Up & Go Got Up & Left – by Alana Maxwell
- A Song of Africa – by Ronald Wheatley
- Spaghetti is NOT a Finger Food (and other life lessons) – by Jodi Carmichael (reviewed July 8’14)
- Which Dog Breeds Make the Best Family Pet? – by Luke Garrison
- Who’s That Dog? 35 Fabulous Rescues That Found Their Forever Homes – by Mark J. Asher
- To God be the Glory!!! – by Grace Van der Wilp
- Unglued: Devotional: 60 Days of Imperfect Progress – by Lysa TerKeurst (reviewed April 23’13)
APRIL 2013: I didn’t complete a book this month
- Chapter 29 Revisited: The amazing true story of what happens when a typical American housewife meets Jesus! – by Jean Coleman
JUNE 2013: another month of not completing a book
- The Monstore – by Tara Lazar (reviewed February 18’14; interview with Tara February 20’14)
- Triangles – by Kimberly Ann Miller (reviewed October 12’13)
- On Our Own: Widowhood for Smarties – compiled by Thelma Zirkelbach, Barbara B. Rollins, Becky Haigler, Robyn Conley (reviewed February 11’14)
- Infinity Ring: Book One: A Mutiny in Time – by James Dashner (ARC) (reviewed March 18’14)
- Flying with a Broken Wing – by Laura Best (reviewed April 15’14; interview with Laura April 17’14)
- War and Peace – by Leo Tolstoy
- Jane Eyre – by Charlotte Bronte
NOVEMBER 2013: writing and not enough reading
- Emma Bean – by Jean Van Leeuwen (a reread because I LOVE this story & its fabulous illustrations; reviewed August 26’14)
- Tenth Avenue Cowboy – by Linda Oatman High
- Cowboy Christmas – by Rob Sanders (reviewed May 6’14)
- Baby Penguins Everywhere! – by Melissa Guion
- The Catcher in the Rye – by J. D. Salinger
This record shows my reading was way down in 2013, which probably means I allowed too little reading time for myself. I didn’t follow Dr. Seuss’ advice very well this year, if referring to only my reading. Perhaps I should challenge myself more in this area in 2014 since it is so good for the brain … and for the truth that writers need to be readers.
Total books read in 2013 (assuming I remembered to list them all): 34
How did you do in 2013?