Gosh, I love any excuse to read! Wednesday evening I made a second trip to the library for another load of picture books brought in for me. Fourteen more. I now have twenty-eight of the books I’m to be reading for ReFoReMo. Gotta love it!
Have you read any of these?
- Jemmy Button by Jennifer Uman and Valerio Vidali
- Vampirina Ballerina by Anne Marie Pace and LeUyen Pham
- Mr. Tiger Goes Wild by Peter Brown
- How To Wash a Woolly Mammoth by Michelle Robinson and Kate Hindley
- Scaredy Squirrel by Mélanie Watt
- Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt by Kate Messner and Christopher Silas Neal
- Ask Me by Bernard Waber and Suzy Lee
- Exclamation Mark by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld
- Flora and the Penguin by Molly Idle
- Yard Sale by Eve Bunting and Lauren Castillo
- Mine! by Shutta Crum and Patrice Barton
- That is NOT a Good Idea! by Mo Willems
- Shh! We Have a Plan by Chris Haughton
- Uh-Oh! by Shutta Crum and Patrice Barton
Several weeks ago I’d donated a poster to my grandson’s school’s library, a poster of an artist’s painting. Yesterday the librarian sent a book with my little guy for him to show me. She thought I’d like to see it because it is about that renowned artist – Ted Harrison! My grandson brought it by tonight and we read it together since he has reading homework every night.
This is the book, and next is my favourite of his paintings in it.
I used to want to paint. I liked to sketch and draw. Last year I even started to sketch a little again and got tips from an illustrator, but I don’t know how to fit that creative study into my life right now. Maybe one day … eventually … once I have books to illustrate or I’m on a writing pause so I can pursue that study. 🙂
What creative study have you wished to pursue and haven’t yet? Or maybe you have, so what led you to do it?
Thanks for reading, and … Creative Musings! 🙂