My fourth WP blogging anniversary was January 9! I can hardly believe it’s been four years. Thanks to Laura Best for telling me about WordPress when we met at her book signing in November 2009.
I’m sure you who have a blog here on WordPress received your annual report at the end of the year. You found out how much blogging you actually did last year, which of your posts were the most interesting to your readers, and how many times your blog was viewed during the year. I didn’t share any of my reports with you when I received them but here are the parts I like from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. I find it interesting to look back and compare. Perhaps there is a post listed here you missed or would like to read again.
A Boeing 747-400 passenger jet can hold 416 passengers. This blog was viewed about 2,000 times in 2010. That’s about 5 full 747s.
In 2010, you wrote 67 new posts, not bad for the first year! You uploaded 24 pictures, taking up a total of 5mb. That’s about 2 pictures per month.
Your busiest day of the year was October 16th with 52 views. The most popular post that day was I love books! Know of any new ones to tell me about?.
Attractions in 2010
These are the posts and pages that got the most views in 2010.
- 1 I love books! Know of any new ones to tell me about?October 2010 10 comments
- 2 About me 6 comments
- 3 Have you read these 100 books?January 2010 12 comments
- 4 My “have read” book list (Dec.1’09-Dec 31’10)
- 5 Inspiration is where you find itJanuary 2010 10 comments
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 5,400 times in 2011. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 5 trips to carry that many people.
In 2011, there were 74 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 143 posts. There were 75 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 14 MB. That’s about a picture per week.
The busiest day of the year was November 10th with 97 views. The most popular post that day was the New 7Wonders of Nature: vote for Nova Scotia’s Bay of Fundy.
Attractions in 2011
These are the posts that got the most views in 2011.
- 1 the New 7Wonders of Nature: vote for Nova Scotia’s Bay of Fundy 2 comments November 2011
- 2 Interview with Laura Best & book giveaway 73 comments January 2011
- 3 Interview with Jan L. Coates & book giveaway 15 comments October 2011
- 4 Book Review: The Shelter of God’s Promises – by Sheila Walsh 4 comments May 2011
- 5 Use it or lose it 12 comments March 2011
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 7,600 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 13 years to get that many views.
In 2012, there were 87 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 229 posts. There were 287 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 74 MB. That’s about 6 pictures per week.
The busiest day of the year was January 23rd with 68 views. The most popular post that day was I received The Versatile Blogger award!.
Attractions in 2012
These are the posts that got the most views in 2012.
- 1 Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! and thank you 10 comments March 2012
- 2 Does duct tape (or duck tape) help your writing? 14 comments June 2012
- 3 Book Review: A Hare in the Elephant’s Trunk – by Jan L. Coates 10 comments October 2011
- 4 Interview with Delia Ephron and book giveaway 15 comments August 2012
- 5 Book Review: I Only Cry at Night – by P. Allen Jones 6 comments March 2012
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 8,800 times in 2013. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 3 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
In 2013, there were 84 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 312 posts. There were 96 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 35 MB. That’s about 2 pictures per week.
The busiest day of the year was September 25th with 140 views. The most popular post that day was It’s Banned Books Week: here’s a list of 100 banned books.
Attractions in 2013
These are the posts that got the most views in 2013.
- 1 “The cut worm forgives the plow” 9 comments March 2013
- 2 Feeling blue, & Emily Dickinson’s poem “I started early” 10 comments April 2013
- 3 It’s Banned Books Week: here’s a list of 100 banned books 18 comments September 2013
- 4 Does duct tape (or duck tape) help your writing? 14 comments June 2012
- 5 Interview with Sue Harrison, and book giveaway 40 comments January 2013
Did any of these catch your attention again?
Thanks for reading, and … Creative Musings! 🙂
A striking difference between your first year views and now Lynn. What a fantastic increase.
xxx Huge Hugs xxx
I hadn’t realized the difference until comparing them yesterday, David. It takes awhile to get noticed out in the blogosphere. I certainly appreciate my followers. 🙂 Thanks, David.
Hey! You started blogging 3 days before I did (my 4th blogiversary was the 12th)! Happy blogiversary! 😀
And happy blogiversary to you, too, Erik! In September 2008 I had started blogging somewhere else, but once Laura Best told me about WordPress and I looked into it … this is the place for me! 🙂