It is always nice to receive positive recognition and appreciation, isn’t it?
It was seven weeks ago (yikes! has it really been that long?) I learned that I was the recipient of a blogging award, given to me by a fellow blogger. That’s how most of them work.
This is my second Versatile Blogger award, but my first one is no longer prominent, it was moved to My Awards and Badges page because of the theme I was using. This one I will stick right on the front page for awhile.
You can read about my first one HERE. Laura Best gave that one to me when I was in desperate need of the encouraging boost it provided me – and didn’t even know I needed it. This second one serves as encouragement to keep on, even when things in my life get complicated and time for writing is harder to find.
There are rules to be followed for such awards, this one has three, so here goes:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.THANK YOU, Renee Johnson! I do appreciate it. Check out Renee’s blog: http://writingfeemail.wordpress.com
- Reveal 7 things about yourself.
1. Thirty-five years of marriage and I love my beloved more now than ever. The trick is to never give up when the going gets rough. 2. I have always made my home in Nova Scotia, and love this beautiful province! 3. I love being able to access the Internet because of all the contacts I have made/am making and all I have learned/am learning that are helping me in my writing pursuit. Some of my dearest friends I have never met in person yet. 4. I love hilarious laughter and making people laugh. 5. I love the ocean – my healing place – the sounds, the smells, the awesomeness, but even though I love the water, I do not swim. 6. I’m discovering another good reason to never grow old is to be able to “think like a kid” when writing for children.
7. I am discovering my love of writing but have yet to mine the depths of what I can do, who I really am as a writer. Perhaps this is something about me we are discovering together .. you and I .. as time goes on.
- Nominate and link to 15 bloggers. Then be sure to let them know! Now, this took me lots of time to choose people who have not already received this award and are deserving of it. First, I wondered how I would find fifteen, but then it was so hard to narrow it down! I hope you will visit each one, because they all have something great to offer, being writers. And even if you are not a writer and this would not interest you .. please check them out. They have more to say than just about writing, they are smart, creative people.
1. This Kid Reviews Books – Erik is a ten-year-old you will want to meet
2. Sue Harrison – a successful author and wonderful person with a diverse blog, including the sharing of her writing experience
3. Catherine Johnson – a Canadian writer of children’s stories, who also loves to write in rhyme
4. Diane Tibert – a talented writer here in Nova Scotia
5. Jamie Dement – one smart cookie who writes great stuff
6. Darlene Foster – Canadian author of adventure series children’s books
7. Sheri Swift – finding joy in the journey as an author
8. Linda Cassidy Lewis – author of newly released book
9. Donna Martin – focused on encouraging and inspiring other writers
10. Denise Bruce – enthusiastic children’s writer
11. Julie Hedlund – writer, great helps on her blog, creator of writing challenge for 2012 ( 12×12 in 12)
12. Shelli Johannes– Market My Words – great blog with loads of writing information
13. Jennifer Kearbey – aspiring author who makes me laugh on her blog
14. Linda Leinen – writing from a lifetime of experience and experiences
15. Rob Sanders – provides a daily guide to picture book writing