It is always nice to receive positive recognition and appreciation, isn’t it?
It was seven weeks ago (yikes! has it really been that long?) I learned that I was the recipient of a blogging award, given to me by a fellow blogger. That’s how most of them work.
This is my second Versatile Blogger award, but my first one is no longer prominent, it was moved to My Awards and Badges page because of the theme I was using. This one I will stick right on the front page for awhile.
You can read about my first one HERE. Laura Best gave that one to me when I was in desperate need of the encouraging boost it provided me – and didn’t even know I needed it. This second one serves as encouragement to keep on, even when things in my life get complicated and time for writing is harder to find.
There are rules to be followed for such awards, this one has three, so here goes:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.THANK YOU, Renee Johnson! I do appreciate it. Check out Renee’s blog: http://writingfeemail.wordpress.com
- Reveal 7 things about yourself.
1. Thirty-five years of marriage and I love my beloved more now than ever. The trick is to never give up when the going gets rough. 2. I have always made my home in Nova Scotia, and love this beautiful province! 3. I love being able to access the Internet because of all the contacts I have made/am making and all I have learned/am learning that are helping me in my writing pursuit. Some of my dearest friends I have never met in person yet. 4. I love hilarious laughter and making people laugh. 5. I love the ocean – my healing place – the sounds, the smells, the awesomeness, but even though I love the water, I do not swim. 6. I’m discovering another good reason to never grow old is to be able to “think like a kid” when writing for children.
7. I am discovering my love of writing but have yet to mine the depths of what I can do, who I really am as a writer. Perhaps this is something about me we are discovering together .. you and I .. as time goes on.
- Nominate and link to 15 bloggers. Then be sure to let them know! Now, this took me lots of time to choose people who have not already received this award and are deserving of it. First, I wondered how I would find fifteen, but then it was so hard to narrow it down! I hope you will visit each one, because they all have something great to offer, being writers. And even if you are not a writer and this would not interest you .. please check them out. They have more to say than just about writing, they are smart, creative people.
1. This Kid Reviews Books – Erik is a ten-year-old you will want to meet
2. Sue Harrison – a successful author and wonderful person with a diverse blog, including the sharing of her writing experience
3. Catherine Johnson – a Canadian writer of children’s stories, who also loves to write in rhyme
4. Diane Tibert – a talented writer here in Nova Scotia
5. Jamie Dement – one smart cookie who writes great stuff
6. Darlene Foster – Canadian author of adventure series children’s books
7. Sheri Swift – finding joy in the journey as an author
8. Linda Cassidy Lewis – author of newly released book
9. Donna Martin – focused on encouraging and inspiring other writers
10. Denise Bruce – enthusiastic children’s writer
11. Julie Hedlund – writer, great helps on her blog, creator of writing challenge for 2012 ( 12×12 in 12)
12. Shelli Johannes– Market My Words – great blog with loads of writing information
13. Jennifer Kearbey – aspiring author who makes me laugh on her blog
14. Linda Leinen – writing from a lifetime of experience and experiences
15. Rob Sanders – provides a daily guide to picture book writing
Conragulations! I like learning things about you! I like your “#3” because it is true for me too!
Thank you for nominating me! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
You’re welcome, my young friend. You are deserving of this award. Have fun with it. 🙂
Congratulations on receiving the Versatile Blogger Award! I loved learning more about you and finding things we have in common. Like #!1. Today my dear husband and I celebrated 35 years of marriage. We attribute our marriage success to being able to laugh, even when the going gets rough. So I guess we have #4 in common as well. Thanks so much for passing the award on to me, my dear friend I have mever met in person.
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!
Enjoy the award, Darlene. 🙂
I am going to pinch your face! Thank you very much. This made my morning – much more than the giant coffee with extra, extra sugar. 🙂
Thanks for the laugh this morning! 🙂
Enjoy it .. and your day.
thank you so much. This was sweet 🙂
My pleasure! Enjoy. 🙂
Thank you so much, Lynn and congrats on yours. From your biggest poetry fan 🙂
Thanks, Catherine, for always being a supportive poetry buff. 🙂 I didn’t know my poetry was so good! lol!
Have fun with your award.
Congratulations and thank you, Lynn. 🙂 Keep mining those depths!
Thanks, Linda. 🙂
Thank you so much Lynn for the award! I do have this one already, but wanted to thank you all the same & congratulations on your receiving it! ; )
Well, so you do! I completely missed it before. Sorry. If you know a few bloggers who would appreciate the recognition, or if you don’t want to follow it up, then that’s okay. Blessings on your day, anyhow. 🙂
Thanks Lynn for the vote! ❤
But, I don't think I know 15 bloggy people. So there goes that part of the rules. I don't mind revealing some obscure things about me. heck, I'm weird, people will like that….maybe 😀
We'll see. But I really do thank you for thinking of me!
Hi Jamie, how could I forget you? 🙂
I bet if you really think about it you would be surprised about how many bloggy people you know. 🙂 Even a few would be okay.
Congrats on your award! Wish you best of luck with your blog and 12 x 12.
Thanks, Eric. I checked out your blog … what a fun idea!
In my comment to you over at my place I left a link to kadency.com – another site like blogsurfer that I really like. You’ll get more traffic from kadency than blogsurfer – you may already know about it.
I’m really so thrilled to have “met” you this way. I started out saying NO FICTION FOR ME!!!, but I confess I have one children’s story in the back of my mind. I have the title and the name of the main character, which is really quite a hoot. One of these days I need to give it a whirl. The last thing I even wanted to do is write a children’s story, but I suppose if a character comes knocking, we’d better pay attention!
Now I’m off to meet some of the other folks you’ve linked to. Thanks again!
Thank you, Linda. I had not heard of Kadency but will try it out. That is the type of thing I know little about, so I appreciate your recommendation.
Yes, do try your hand at writing a children’s story. There are lots of places online to get tips and help, and many writers with whom to connect. I’m sure you will do great, there is a story waiting to be told by you. 🙂
Blessings on your day.
I’m sorry it took me so long to get over here Lynn, but THANK YOU for thinking of me for this award. I am touched and so glad to have you in the 12 x 12.
No worries, Julie. 🙂 I hope you enjoy the award.
And thanks so much for your kind words about 12×12.