Almost three weeks ago I received a surprise in my Inbox. Author Laura A. Best awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award! I was surprised and honoured, but, admittedly, worried. Why? Because I felt unworthy and intimidated by it since I am not keeping up my blogging very well these days. (Do you hear ‘perfectionism’ in that?) But, if Laura believes in me and wants to encourage my writing, then I will attempt to follow through. Thanks again, Laura! Even though I am late doing this I do appreciate your shout out. 🙂
There are usually rules to follow when receiving something like this, so here are the requirements for this particular one:
1. Thank the one who gave me this award.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Present this honour to 15 newly discovered bloggers.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen new friends know I love them.
Okay, I have done the first one … above … and you may like to check out Laura’s blog which is always very interesting and thought-provoking. You can find her at: http://lauraabest.wordpress.com/
Seven things about myself. hmmm
- I have been married for almost 35 years! Wow! (In October ’10 we will be celebrating our 34th anniversary and beginning our 35th year together.) How did that happen so fast? We have four daughters (several times I was mistaken for a sister of my daughters – which was quite amusing), a son-in-law, and a grandson.
- I have a younger sister, two sisters-in-law, two brothers-in-law, two nephews, and four nieces.
- In 2005 I went to Holland with my dad and sister. (Mum had passed away a few years earlier, so – because he and Mum had enjoyed their visit to Holland before Mum became ill – Dad took his two daughters on the trip of a lifetime.) Dad was one of the brave Canadian WWII soldiers who took part in the Liberation of the Netherlands. (I’m so proud of him.) We were members of a Veterans’ tour group and were well taken care of and honoured by wonderful Dutch families. It was an extraordinary 10 days.
- I do not drive, made that decision many years ago and most of the time I do not regret it even though I do not live close enough to walk to town – too far for me. I appreciate country living, though, and enjoy peaceful morning walks.
- I love the rhythm of music and dance. When there is music it is next to impossible for me to be still.
- One of my goals is to go tandem sky-diving as soon as I can. One of my daughters wants to do it too, so we are planning to experience this crazy exciting thing together. We each will step out of the plane secured to a professional tandem jumper, though.
- I maintain bird feeders year round and enjoy watching our feathered friends. Right now we have 9 hummingbirds coming, along with 10 or more other varieties of birds. Delightful!
Okay, now that you have read the about me part, the next requirement is to present this award to 15 other bloggers. It took me quite awhile to fulfill that one, but here are the ones I wish to bring recognition to .. so please check them out.
- a bit much
- Crowe’s Nest
- Discerning Reader
- Inspired Photography
- Just Breathe
- The Christian Writers Page
- The Musings of Ug
- The Writing Mama
- Truth Portraits
- Word Wrangler
- Writer’s Cramps
That took some extra doing! The page stopped saving and I lost part of my list so had to finish it a second time. It is worth it, though, and I hope you enjoy visiting these sites.
Note to recipients: You are not obligated to do anything about this award if you cannot manage it. Please simply enjoy the kudos! 🙂
Now that I have finished this (again) … I have to get some sleep. Tomorrow I will try to contact all the 15 above-mentioned bloggers and let them know of their award.
Thanks for reading, and … Creative Musings! 🙂
Thank you, Lynn! My first award. I especially enjoyed learning more about you, though. We keep bird feeders, too. Hummingbirds and orioles. But this morning our canine kids caught a young dove. Thankfully, David was there and rescued it. We think they thought it was their toy squirrel! Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Thank you, Victoria, for replying. It’s very nice to ‘meet’ you. 🙂
Canine kids .. don’t let ’em fool you .. have hunting instincts that can amaze. I’m glad the dove was saved. 🙂 Birds are so enjoyable to watch and quite entertaining.
I hope you enjoy the increase in visitors who will check out your blog. They will discover so much to inspire their own writing there. Blessings on your continued success.
It is so nice to meet you. Thank you for my award. I will try to work on it very soon. Like you read on my post I just got back from vacation and have several hundred posts to read. I follow hundreds of people who I love. I can’t believe it is your first vacation in so many years. Also, when did you stop driving, after your children were grown? Very interesting. I too would like to sky-dive! Have a great week.
It’s lovely to meet you, too. I could never keep up with all that blogging! I have two (three if you count the little one on my website) and fall behind with those.
DH and I have taken weekends away, and day trips, but to go for 10 days together was a first. We really, really needed the vacation. About the driving – I never got a full license, was too nervous about it, and I still believe it was the right decision for me. All my children drive and enjoy it.
Thanks so much for replying. Blessings on your day and week.
What an hono(u)r! My first, and I do appreciate it. Skydiving, huh? You’re way braver than I.
Seven quick things about me: 1)Just returned from 2 weeks in Spain, including a volunteer week in an English immersion program for Spaniards, 2) Favorite foods are eggplant and potato chips (but not together); 3) I have a terrible singing voice 4) My sense of direction is even worse than my voice 5) My 16-year-old son actually treated me like a human being when I picked him up at tennis camp Sunday 6) I love Mad Men and 7) I never give up my dreams.
Thanks again, Lynn.
So nice to hear from you. I believe you must be a fun person to be around and I appreciate your sharing here seven things about yourself, entertaining and interesting. I think going to Spain and helping with English immersion is braver than sky-diving! And my sense of direction is often amusing .. or frustrating .. depending upon the situation. 🙂
Enjoy the award and the added attention it will bring you.
Nice to see you posting, Lynn. When I have time I will check out these new blogs on your list! Great to learn these new things about you..I think you must be rather adventuresome to want to try sky diving. Amazing.
Hi Laura, it’s nice to be back at it. Thanks. 🙂 Sky diving .. yes, it will be an exciting and terrifying adventure. When on vacation we went Zip Lining which I said was my preamble to sky diving, and I loved it! I will be sure to post about it later.
Thank you, Lynn! I sure do appreciate the award. 🙂 I hope to be writing on my blog about twice monthly. Seven things about myself. I will need to think on those & write a blog entry.
You’re welcome! No worries. I know you can do it. 🙂