Almost three weeks ago I received a surprise in my Inbox. Author Laura A. Best awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award! I was surprised and honoured, but, admittedly, worried. Why? Because I felt unworthy and intimidated by it since I am not keeping up my blogging very well these days. (Do you hear ‘perfectionism’ in that?) But, if Laura believes in me and wants to encourage my writing, then I will attempt to follow through. Thanks again, Laura! Even though I am late doing this I do appreciate your shout out. 🙂
There are usually rules to follow when receiving something like this, so here are the requirements for this particular one:
1. Thank the one who gave me this award.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Present this honour to 15 newly discovered bloggers.
4. Drop by and let my fifteen new friends know I love them.
Okay, I have done the first one … above … and you may like to check out Laura’s blog which is always very interesting and thought-provoking. You can find her at: http://lauraabest.wordpress.com/
Seven things about myself. hmmm
- I have been married for almost 35 years! Wow! (In October ’10 we will be celebrating our 34th anniversary and beginning our 35th year together.) How did that happen so fast? We have four daughters (several times I was mistaken for a sister of my daughters – which was quite amusing), a son-in-law, and a grandson.
- I have a younger sister, two sisters-in-law, two brothers-in-law, two nephews, and four nieces.
- In 2005 I went to Holland with my dad and sister. (Mum had passed away a few years earlier, so – because he and Mum had enjoyed their visit to Holland before Mum became ill – Dad took his two daughters on the trip of a lifetime.) Dad was one of the brave Canadian WWII soldiers who took part in the Liberation of the Netherlands. (I’m so proud of him.) We were members of a Veterans’ tour group and were well taken care of and honoured by wonderful Dutch families. It was an extraordinary 10 days.
- I do not drive, made that decision many years ago and most of the time I do not regret it even though I do not live close enough to walk to town – too far for me. I appreciate country living, though, and enjoy peaceful morning walks.
- I love the rhythm of music and dance. When there is music it is next to impossible for me to be still.
- One of my goals is to go tandem sky-diving as soon as I can. One of my daughters wants to do it too, so we are planning to experience this crazy exciting thing together. We each will step out of the plane secured to a professional tandem jumper, though.
- I maintain bird feeders year round and enjoy watching our feathered friends. Right now we have 9 hummingbirds coming, along with 10 or more other varieties of birds. Delightful!
Okay, now that you have read the about me part, the next requirement is to present this award to 15 other bloggers. It took me quite awhile to fulfill that one, but here are the ones I wish to bring recognition to .. so please check them out.
- a bit much
- Crowe’s Nest
- Discerning Reader
- Inspired Photography
- Just Breathe
- The Christian Writers Page
- The Musings of Ug
- The Writing Mama
- Truth Portraits
- Word Wrangler
- Writer’s Cramps
That took some extra doing! The page stopped saving and I lost part of my list so had to finish it a second time. It is worth it, though, and I hope you enjoy visiting these sites.
Note to recipients: You are not obligated to do anything about this award if you cannot manage it. Please simply enjoy the kudos! 🙂
Now that I have finished this (again) … I have to get some sleep. Tomorrow I will try to contact all the 15 above-mentioned bloggers and let them know of their award.
Thanks for reading, and … Creative Musings! 🙂