One afternoon last week my daughter met me in town after I’d dropped my little Meyya off for her grooming. I had awhile to do what I wanted before going back for her, so we went shopping in a secondhand (mostly clothing) store. The fun thing in that store is they now have shelves of used BOOKS! My attention on clothes was quickly diverted when I discovered that. Even better – the sign said: BUY 2 GET 1 FREE! Oh. My. Gosh. I was in the right place! happy happy happy! Not that I needed more books to add to my already toppling over TBR pile, but … um … yes I did! You understand. 🙂
Look at what I bought for $15.00! Plus one not in this shot.
I don’t know about you, but I love books no matter whether they are new, used, or very old – and I hope you do, too. Two of these books I plan to give away on my blog. I’ll let you know later when I’m offering them, one at a time.
About the above books:
- I bought Assassin’s Apprentice – by Robin Hobb because when I was on a bus trip with a friend – I talk about that HERE – there was a fellow on the bus reading one of the author’s books. I had to ask, even though I didn’t know this guy … because seeing anyone immersed in a book makes me curious. He told me the author writes really good fantasy novels. (You know I love fantasy.) He said if he’d not left at his girlfriend’s the one he’d just finished he’d have given it to me! Wasn’t that sweet of him? When I came across this book, of course I had to have it.
- The Great Gatsby – by F. Scott Fitzgerald – I’ve watched the movie. Is the book better? I have to find out.
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf – I hadn’t read any of her writing, so this was my first. Someone will win this book.
- Song of Solomon – by Toni Morrison – I’m not sure about this one yet, but I’ve wanted to read some of the author’s work and this seemed a good place to start.
- The Pursuit of Happyness – by Chris Gardner – I saw the movie of this true story starring Will Smith and his son, and I loved it! I was excited to find the book. Again, is the book better?
- I’m Not Wonder Woman – by Sheila Walsh – I’ve read a book by this Christian author, and reviewed it HERE on my blog. I’m interested in seeing what else she has to say.
- The Man Who Was Thursday – by G. K. Chesterton – has been recommended a few times by a friend, so when I saw this copy I had to have it!
- You’ve Earned It, Don’t Lose It – by Suze Orman – I picked this one up because I thought it would be of interest to my husband. Turns out it is directed much more to the US economy – so guess what I’ll be doing with this book? 😉
- The little book I don’t have in this picture is called Bad Cat: 244 Not-So-Pretty Kitties and Cats Gone Bad – by Jim Edgar. It’s quite funny, and since three of my daughters are cat lovers the book has started its rounds.
Have you read any of the above? And of those that have been made into movies, which is better – the book or the movie?
Thanks for reading, and … Creative Musings! 🙂