How can it be? Another new year is soon to begin!
2012 has been a mix of many things in my little world. This blog has captured much of it and has been a source of relief for me, a way of venting, sharing, seeking, growing. Through blogging and writing I have been blessed to meet some very special people who have become my long distance friends.
As my dad’s condition steadily worsens, and my husband’s healing is continuing, our hope is for the strength needed as this new year brings whatever surprises and challenges it holds for us as a family.
In looking back over 2012 I wonder what I accomplished.
- I blogged, and yet never enough;
- read books .. again never enough;
- introduced books and their authors to you on my “Have Read” pages;
- wrote book reviews for you – with more waiting in queue with their authors; (I’m sorry family things had to take priority)
- offered exciting book giveaways;
- offered some writers’ helps on my page of the same name;
- wrote several drafts for children’s books, thanks to 12×12 in 2012, but not as many as I had hoped to, and I missed out on the community there that so many writers found helpful;
- added more to my novel in National Novel Writing Month in November, and have almost completed the story;
- had thought to take on Picture Book Ideas Month that I so enjoyed in November 2011, but had to sacrifice that one this year;
- realized today that I missed out on signing up for the inspiring Month of Poetry for January 2013 as the closing date was December 29! [Sorry, Catherine; I had intended to, but it's too late now.]
So what will the new year bring to this blog?
- more book reviews;
- more author interviews;
- more book giveaways;
- hopefully less whining.
For me this blog is not only about writing, it is about living. Perhaps that is not the way to do it, but with the way things are in my life now I struggle with keeping up and keeping going through all the stress. If you are faithful to stay the course with me I will continue to try to deliver. You can’t possibly know how much I love and appreciate you and the encouragement of knowing you are reading my words. My goal still is to write for children, and my hope is to keep on keeping on.
Now I wish you all a very happy and healthy 2013. May it be a year of fulfillment and accomplishments, pleasant surprises and inner joys, depth of growth and flourishing of creativity. Above all may you find Love in all the right places.
Psalm 67: 1,2 – May God be gracious to us and bless us and make His face to shine upon us, that Thy way may be known upon earth, Thy saving power among all nations. Let the peoples praise Thee, O God; let all the peoples praise Thee!
Psalm 91 (the whole of it)
What wonderful things did 2012 bring to you? Is there anything you plan to do differently in 2013?
Thanks for reading, and … Creative Musings!