HAPPY NEW YEAR!
In looking back over 2014 there are many things I was reminded of that occurred both here and in my personal life — some of the latter I shared here. Here’s a condensed review followed by my annual report compiled by WordPress.com.
1. I posted the final weeks of “Read More Books Challenge” run on my blog through October 3, 2013 to January 9, 2014. My challenge got a few people reading more classics and reminded us of the many great books we have yet to enjoy. I’m still trying to read from that great list of 623 books. Are you?
2. We were privileged to have Sue Harrison continue to post teachings from her “Writing the Third Dimension” each month. (Thanks, Sue!) Has this been helpful for you?
3. I interviewed 6 authors during the year and reviewed 46 books on my blog. I also posted those reviews on Amazon.ca, Amazon.com, chapters.indigo, LibraryThing, BookLook Bloggers, Shelfari, Goodreads.
4. In June I shared my 10 tips for authors from the perspective of a book reviewer.
5. In July I was interviewed on Leanne Dyck’s blog. She is discontinuing interviewing so I was blessed to have been included before she made that decision. You can read that interview again HERE.
6. In July I added another page to my blog, “Buy The Book!”, to help my readers find the books they read about here and other places I reviewed them. Has this made it easier for you?
7. In August I added a page, Suicide Crisis Lines, mainly because of the shocking death of Robin Williams. My heart still sorrows over that tragedy.
8. In October I reported about a fantastic program – Kindle Kids Mastery – for writers of children’s books. It’s really for anyone who wants to try publishing an e-book. Please check on my Writer’s Helps page for the link to that information. It’s a fabulous opportunity. Have you used this program yet?
9. In November I participated again in Tara Lazar’s Picture Book Idea Month, aka PiBoIdMo, and succeeded in meeting and surpassing the goal of 30 ideas. Did you try it in 2014?
10. In December I participated in Susanna Leonard Hill’s story writing competition and posted my story here on my blog as required. Although my story didn’t make the cut it was great practice for me, and a good learning experience.
11. On my “Books I Read This Year” page I reported that I managed to read 45 books, far less than I had hoped to read but more than I read last year. How many books did you read in 2014?
All in all, I feel 2014 was a good blogging year for me, even though I didn’t accomplish everything I wanted to. Being a caregiver for a victim of Alzheimer’s has its challenges, and my own personal stuff added in made it harder to do all I was hoping to do. Even so, I am happy and encouraged that my blog following increased this year!
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR FOLLOWING MY BLOG. I greatly appreciate you all and I hope to keep you interested enough in coming back. I also hope more of you will leave comments in 2015 because those comments help keep the conversation going. :)
What would you like me to know about your experience and visits here?
Thanks for reading, and … Creative Musings! :)
Now for the fun report from WordPress.com.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 11,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 4 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
There were 230 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 70 MB. That’s about 4 pictures per week.
The busiest day of the year was September 15th with 99 views. The most popular post that day was Book Review: I Only Cry at Night – by P. Allen Jones.
In 2014, there were 140 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 452 posts.
Longest Streak: 5 days 1 July – 5 July; Best Day: Tuesday with 46 posts total
These are the posts that got the most views in 2014:
- 1 “The cut worm forgives the plow” 11 comments March 2013
- 2 Book Review: A Hare in the Elephant’s Trunk – by Jan L. Coates 10 comments October 2011
- 3 It’s Banned Books Week: here’s a list of 100 banned books 18 comments September 2013
- 4 Book Review: If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where’s My Prince? – by Melissa Kantor 2 comments July 2012
- 5 ‘Read More Books’ challenge: Week 12: 572-623 of the list of 623 of the best books ever! 13 comments January 2014
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2014. Your writing has staying power!
Visitors came from 104 countries in all! Most came from The United States. Canada & U.K. were not far behind.
Your most commented on post in 2014 was My story entry in Susanna Hill’s 4th Annual Holiday Contest
PS: Once again, thank YOU, my friends, for following my blog. Blessings in 2015! I look forward to an exciting new year with you. :)